Sunday, January 31, 2010

Relief Society


Our RS Theme for this year is "What Have I Done for Someone Today?" I want the sisters in this ward to not only serve because they love the Lord, but also because they love their neighbors and also, because when we serve others we feel better about ourselves. Glenview is blessed to be a very service oriented Relief Society, who is busily engaged in the relief efforts in many situations, but we know we can always do better. Pres. Monson said that sometimes we become too immersed in the "thick of thin things" and that "we often live side by side but do not communicate heart to heart."


Our goal is to do something good for someone EACH and every day; whether it is someone in our family or perhaps a friend or even a stranger. When we kneel to pray each night, let's take a minute to think about what we have done for someone that day.


 
The most important thing we can do for someone is to do missionary work. To bring our family, friends, and neighbors unto Christ.


Remember the words of this Hymn:

Have I done any good in the world today?
have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad, and made someone feel glad?
if not, I have failed indeed.
Has anyones burden been lighter today
because I will willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help was I there?
Then wake up and do something more than dream of your mansions above
doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure
a blessing, of duty and love!

Ward Newsletter Music