Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Family Spotlight! Meet the Tom and Mikki Lantz Family...

Tom and I just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. I grew up in Tempe with 5 sisters and one brother, parents Dale and Martha Markham. Tom moved here from Kansas with his parents and one brother. We met when I was a freshman and he was a senior at McClintock High. Of course, we couldn’t date since I wasn’t 16 – so we just hung out at ward firesides and activities. We both went our separate ways and ran into each other 30 years later after both living in Mesa for the whole time. Everything fell into place and with the blessing of my 4 daughters and his son and daughter we were married January 20th 2005, the day after Kaci returned from her mission. (Kaci and her husband Tyson Adair and daughter Ava live in the ward as well). I was a little apprehensive but only because I had been single for over 20 years. I can truly say that it has been a little piece of heaven on earth being married to such a patient and loving man. Tom may question the heaven part since he married into a bunch of girls and a giant family, but he handles it well. We both love sports and traveling. We head up north to Heber & Showlow every chance we can. Of course, we love the ward and are trying hard to remember names – so everyone keep reminding us.

Ward Newsletter Music